A NIGHT OF CRIME
SUBMISSIONS OPEN SEPTEMBER 1ST TO OCTOBER 1ST
Story Sunday: A Night of Crime. October 22nd 2017, 7 – 9 pm
Here’s your chance to read at our event which is part of the Bristol Festival of Literature 2017 along with other local (or nearly local!) writers.
The crime needn’t be perfect but we know your writing will be. Bring us victims or perpetrators, good cops, bad cops or no cops at all. Bring us a criminal tendency or full-blown guilt. As ever we love to be shocked, stunned, terrified or highly amused.
Please submit according to the guidelines below. We will choose the stories that appeal to us and fit with the other parts of the programme. We hope if you’re not chosen you’ll still come along and hear those who are.
If you’d like to send a story for our consideration, please observe the following:
- wordcount 500 – 1500 – complete stories please, no extracts
- your story can be published or unpublished as long as you have the right to read it out.
- deadline midnight Sunday October 1st 2017
- only submit if you can read on Sunday October 22nd 2017 between 7 and 9 pm at Southbank Club, Dean Lane, Bedminster, Bristol BS3 1DB. We’ll let you know if you’ve been chosen around a week before hand.
- email your submission to writersunchained at gmail.com with ‘A Night of Crime’ in the subject line
- attach the story as a Word doc (or docx) or in the body of the email. Make sure you include your own name, the title and the wordcount with the text
We think this should cover everything, but if you have any questions we suggest you contact us via Twitter @bww_unchained or email writersunchained at gmail.com with ”Story Sunday query’ in the subject line.
Hoping to hear from you soon!